Saturday, December 6, 2008

Minor updates

Yesterday I finally received a large quantity of plastic 40-dram vials that I'd been waiting on for quite some time. I took it as an opportunity to rehouse all my juvenile scorpions along with a few other critters. While doing so, I noticed:

-- Some of my T. stigmurus are getting pudgy, but none have molted yet
-- Eight of my remaining U. mordax from July's brood are now 3rd instar
-- One of my juvenile WC U. mordax is either 3I or 4I (it's bigger than my brood's 3Is but not by much)
-- My H. judaicus are all still 2I (I can't quite replicate Jordan's temperatures in my current setup) but have been putting on weight and may molt soon
-- My C. margaritatus is getting fatter (I believe it to currently be 4I)
-- My C. vittatus may have absorbed her embryos (I received a few tips on how to get her to regenerate them from a fellow hobbyist; if I don't have any luck he can find me another)
-- One of my S. grossa dropped a fifth eggsac:
--- sac #1's survivor is growing and doing well
--- sac #2 has one large survivor and one tiny survivor
--- sac #3 has a handful of survivors
--- sac #4 is mostly still there
--- I suspect that these don't cannibalize as much as true widows; there's lots of dead slings at the bottom that don't look like food boluses
-- My first L. geometricus eggsac was infertile, the second looks ready to explode with slings
-- The L. geometricus I mated still has not produced any sacs
-- Same for the L. hesperus I mated

I didn't really feel like dealing with my two male L. hesperus, so I put them in with my females -- the larger one with the female he mated with earlier, the smaller one with my virgin female.

No comments: